- 4-head, hi-fi VCR with commercial skip and 1-month, 8-event programming
- VCR Plus+ lets you set the VCR to record programs based on common PlusCode numbers found in TV listings
- 19-micron heads ensure clear quality in EP (extended-play) recordings
- Front AV inputs facilitate hookup of a camcorder, game console, or second VCR
- ChildLoc circuitry locks the VCR after the timer has been set to preserve advance-program settings
This easy-to-use VCR combines convenient features with a sleek design. Enter the codes of your favorite TV shows and VCR Plus+« programming will take care of the recording. Auto tape speed adjusts to make sure you don't run out of tape before your program is over, and a front A/V input provides a quick and easy connection to a game console or camcorder. Simple recording in an elegant silver package.
Don't miss a minute of favorite shows or tapes. Sony's WEGA-styled SLV-N700 is packed with convenience features designed to simplify recording and viewing, from one-month, eight-event advance programming to commercial skip, instant replay, and everything from auto digital tracking to auto tuner preset and auto head cleaning. Your camcorder or gaming console plugs right into the SLV-N700's front panel for hassle-free connections.
This model's four-head design ensures smooth slow-motion play (forward and reverse) and clear still-frame images, and with hi-fi sound the unit records and plays back stereo audio tracks. If you route the stereo output to an AV receiver, you can even enjoy four-channel (left, center, right, and monaural surround) Dolby Pro Logic mixes from TV and Dolby-encoded cassettes. The SLV-N700's dual-azimuth construction uses two pairs of recording heads rather than one, each optimized for a specific mode (one for SP recording, the other for EP), while 19-micron heads deliver the clearest possible picture when recording or viewing in EP (extended-play) mode.
For setup, a single button calls up an onscreen menu to guide you through VCR setup, including parameters for features like menu language select, satellite receiver or cable-box control setup, and auto tuner presets. The VCR automatically marks the tape with an index signal at the point where each recording begins so you can easily scan back to the start of a recording using these signals as a reference.
VCR Plus+ simplifies programming, as it lets you set the VCR to record programs based on common PlusCode numbers found in the TV listings of over 600 newspapers and TV Guide--no more worrying about start and end times for your most frequently recorded shows. ChildLoc circuitry keeps small hands from going where only tapes belong. With the handy one-hour timer back-up, the VCR saves timer data for up to one hour in the event of a power loss. The unit comes with a multi-brand TV/VCR remote control.
What's in the Box
VCR, remote control, batteries, an audio/video interconnect (coaxial video cable with F-type connector), user's manual, warranty information.
From the Manufacturer
Designed to complement your WEGA TV with its distinctive silver finish, the new SLV-N700 Hi-Fi VHS video cassette recorder rises above the rest by combining convenience and amazing picture quality. Some convenience features include instant replay, a 1-month/8-event recording timer, flash rewind, commercial skip, ChildLoc circuitry, a multi-lingual on-screen display, and front and rear audio/video inputs. Additional features include 19 micron heads for superior EP recording quality, a digital auto tracking system, VHS Hi-Fi stereo--MTS stereo TV reception, WEGA TV styling (silver finish), VCR Plus+ programming, and a cinema illumination multi-brand TV remote control. Simple recording in a sleek package--the SLV-N700.
- Energy Star compliant
- 1 analog audio output
- 1 composite video output
- 2 analog audio inputs (1 front/1 rear)
- 2 composite video inputs (1 front/1 rear)
- RF input and RF output
- Index scan
- Instant replay
- Auto head cleaner
- 1-month/8-event recording timer
- Digital auto tracking system
- ChildLoc circuitry
- Multi-lingual on-screen display
- Dual Azimuth 4 head
- VHS Hi-Fi stereo; MTS stereo TV reception
- Plug and Play for easy set up for auto tuner preset and AutoClock set
- Front and rear audio/video inputs
- Commercial skip
- 19 micron heads: superior EP recording quality
- Flash rewind: rewinds a T-120 in about 60-seconds
- 17" home theater size chassis
- Cinema illumination multi-brand TV remote control
- Quasi S-VHS playback
- Complimentary Wega TV styling (silver finish)
- VCR Plus+ programming
- Complimentary Wega TV styling: distinctive silver finish compliments Wega TV styling
- VCR Plus+ TV programming a simple recording method where a "PlusCode" number is used to automatic set the VCR to record. "PlusCode" can be found in various TV listings found in newspapers, cable TV listings, and TV GUIDE magazine.
- Cinema illumination multi-brand TV remote control: Glow-Key type remote control can be programmed to control other TV brands and is easily viewed in low light.
- Quasi S-VHS playback: S-VHS tapes can be played back in regular VHS quality.
- 19 micron heads: when a recording is made in EP (Extended Play) mode the fine pitch of the video head ensures higher quality recording.
- Commercial skip: A portion of playback can be skipped (like a commercial) and playback can be resumed. Press the commercial skip up to four times. The VCR will skip 30 seconds for each press of the button, and then restart playback.
- Front audio/video input: A convenient front mounted jack panel featuring RCA inputs for both audio and video. Allows easy camcorder connection for recording onto videotape without having to turn the unit around.
- Multi-lingual on-screen display: Tthree different languages can be selected for the on-screen display. English (Default), French, Spanish.
- ChildLoc circuitry: after the VCR timer has been set, all buttons can be locked out so that all settings are not canceled by mistake.
- 1-month / 8-event recording timer: recording can be programmed for eight separate recordings within 1 month of time.
- Instant replay: The tape can be immediately rewound and playback started on the scene. During playback, the replay button is pressed and the tape is rewound ten seconds on the counter for each press of the button.
- Index scan (scan and play): The VCR automatically marks the tape with an index signal at the point where each recording begins. Access can use these signals as a reference to find a specific recording.
- RF output for VCR: providing coaxial (RF) type of connection to TV for VCR playback
- Play mode (speeds): SP/LP/EP
- Record mode (default): EP
- VHF mod frequencies: (ch 3/ch 4)
- Supplied accessories
- Instruction manual
- 75-Ohm coaxial video cable with F type connector (1)
- Size AA (R6) batteries (2)
- RM-T402B cinema illumination multi-brand remote control
- CATV/normal tuner (default): cable
- On screen programming: Yes
- Linear time counter: Yes
- Auto repeat (on menu): Yes
- Replay (on menu): Yes
- Auto play (on menu): Yes
- Auto power off (on menu): Yes (1 HR / 2 HR)
- RF video/audio output: 1
- RF video/audio input: 1
- Composite video input: 2 (one in the front of unit)
- Composite video output: 1
- Audio line inputs: 2 (one in the front)
- Audio line output: 1
- VHF channels: 2 through 13
- UHF channels: 14 through 69
- CATV channels: A-8 to A-1, A to W, W + 1, to W+84
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.