- Plays DVD-Video, CD, CD-R/CD-RW, MP3/WMA (CD-R/CD-RW), JPEG CD, and VHS cassettes
- Onscreen MP3 file and folder navigation for easy access to the tracks you want to hear
- Coaxial and optical digital audio outputs route Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1-channel surround sound to a compatible AV receiver
- Component-video, composite-video, S-video terminals and RF output
- Hi-fi stereo VHS performance with 19-micron video heads for clear recordings in EP mode
The XBV342 handles all your movie and music needs, from VHS cassette recording and playback and high-resolution DVD performance to fast and easy spinning of MP3 CDs. This combo unit saves space while simplifying entertainment hookups. The XBV342 plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, MP3 and WMA CDs, JPEG image CDs, and (last but certainly not least!) standard DVD-Videos. Its handy front-panel audio/video jacks simplify hookup with camcorders and video game consoles.
Whether your living room is currently home to an HDTV or you're merely thinking of "someday," the XBV342 stands ready to deliver the full potential of DVDs. Progressive scanning, referred to as 480p for the number of horizontal lines that compose the video image, creates a picture using twice the scan lines of a conventional DVD picture, providing higher resolution and sharper images while eliminating nearly all motion artifacts.
Top-of-the-line component-video outputs help minimize digital and line-scan artifacts on compatible advanced televisions, while composite- and S-video outputs bring compatibility with nearly any television. Other features include 4x and 16x moveable zoom, variable high-speed scan (2x, 4x, 16x, and 100x), parental locks, bookmarking, 20-track CD programming, and repeat and resume play.
The VCR section offers four heads (for clear slow-motion and stop-action features) and stereo sound. The deck's 19-micron video heads maintain clarity during recording or playback in EP (extended play) mode, auto digital tracking adjusts for optimal picture settings for every tape you load, and auto clock set maintains the correct time and even adjusts for daylight savings. You can't program the unit to record at specific times, but it does come with a handy Instant Recording button.
For the simplest hookup with a TV, you can use a single RCA composite-video connection to handle both DVD and VCR outputs. If you want a higher-quality connection from the DVD player, use a component- or S-video cable to an additional input on a TV (the VCR image requires a composite-video or RF connection with a TV). You can choose between an optical and a coaxial digital-audio output to feed a surround-sound signal to your Dolby Digital- or DTS-decoding audio/video receiver.
If you don't have a surround receiver or six-channel speaker setup, it's still easy to make every movie night the ultimate experience: the unit simulates surround sound through two speakers (even the stereo speakers on a TV).
What's in the Box
DVD/VCR combo unit, S-video cable, composite-video cable, RF cable, stereo analog-audio interconnect, two AAA batteries, a user's manual, a registration card, and warranty info.
From the Manufacturer
Zenith's XBV342 Progressive-Scan DVD/VCR Combo has a wide variety of features that make it a perfect movie-watching machine.
- Progressive Scan Technology: Video data is processed faster and sequentially to produce superior, crisp, clear images
- Aspect Ratio Correction: Intelligent resizing of video and computer images to 16:9 widescreen or 4:3 conventional formats
- Variable High-Speed Scan: 2x, 4x, 16x, 100x
- Various Playback Options: DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+RW, CD-Audio, CD-R/RW, MP3
- MP3 Decoding: Plays CDs filled with hours of MP3 files downloaded from your home PC
- 4 Head Hi-Fi Stereo: Superior slow motion and stop action features along with hi-fidelity stereo sound
- 19 Head Micron Technology (19µ): Provides advanced picture clarity during record or play back in extended play mode (EP)
- Front A/V Jacks: Easy access to A/V inputs for camcorders and video game systems
- Auto Clock Set System: Displays the correct time without ever needing to be reset
- Jack Pack: RF In; RF Out; Component Video Out; S-Video Out; Composite Video Out; A/V In (1 Rear, 1 Front); A/V Out; Digital Audio Out (1 Optical, 1 Coaxial)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 16.9" x 3.8" x 11.5"
- Includes A/V cables, remote control, AAA battery x 2, operating guide, registration card, warranty card
- Digital Audio Output: Dolby Digital
- Format: NTSC
- Zoom: 4x-16x (moveable)
- Repeat: 1/All Yes
- Random Play (Track)
- Program Play (Track)
- Number of Programmable Tracks: 20
- Smooth Scan and Slow Motion
- Search/Slow/Step/Skip for Rev and Fwd
- Variable High-Speed Scan: 2x, 4x, 16x, 100x (Fwd/Rev)
- Simulated Surround Sound
- Stand-by Mode
- On Screen Display
- Parental Control
- TV Aspect Ratio Selection
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.